1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the “UNICAR AUSTRALIA Competition” (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter of the Competition is UNICAR AUSTRALIA PTY LTD (ACN 616 028 276) of 41/194 Varsity Parade, Varsity Lakes, Qld 4227 (“UNICAR AUSTRALIA”).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents over the age of 18 years (“Entrant”).
4. Entrants must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
5. Employees of UNICAR AUSTRALIA and entities associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter.
6. The Competition is open for entry from 9.00am AEST on 4 April 2018 until 4.00pm 3 September 2018 (Competition Period).
7. The Competition is a game of chance. To be eligible to win the Competition, Entrants must:
a.Download the UniCar App and register as a rider, during the Competition period; or
b.Complete a Competition entry card at an approved venue and include the Entrant’s full and correct name; date of birth; email address; address; and phone number to be eligible for entry.
Approved venue’s will be listed on the UniCar Australia website.
8. All eligible Competition entries will be entered into the Competition entry barrel, located at the UNICAR AUSTRALIA headquarters, by a UNICAR AUSTRALIA staff member.
9. At 5.00pm AEST on 3 September 2018, a representative from UNICAR AUSTRALIA will randomly select one Competition entry from the Competition entry barrel (Draw) which will be determined the winner of the Competition (Winner).
10. UNICAR AUSTRALIA will ensure that at least 5 people are present at the Draw.
11. UNICAR AUSTRALIA will immediately notify the Winner of the Competition by the phone number and email address provided by the Entrant on their entry card. UNICAR AUSTRALIA will also publish the winner’s first name and suburb on the UNICAR AUSTRALIA’s website located at www.unicaraustralia.com.au.
12. In the event that the selected Competition entry is determined invalid at the sole discretion of UNICAR AUSTRALIA, UNICAR AUSTRALIA will conduct a redraw within 24 hours of the Draw. This process will continue until an eligible Competition entry can be determined by UNICAR AUSTRALIA in accordance with these terms and conditions.
13. In the event that the Winner cannot be contacted within 7 days of the Draw, and the Winner has not contacted UNICAR AUSTRALIA, UNICAR AUSTRALIA will conduct a redraw at 5.00pm AEST on 10 September 2018, to determine the Winner of the Competition.
14. The Winner will receive a 2018 Volkswagen Polo (Prize).
15. The Winner may reasonably chose the colour and transmission (automatic or manual).
16. The Prize must be collected from UNICAR AUSTRALIA’s head office no later than 2 weeks from the close of the Competition Period.
17. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the Winner and if required by UNICAR AUSTRALIA, the Winner’s companions or family, agree to provide a testimonial to UNICAR AUSTRALIA about winning the Prize, to be used for promotional purposes.
19. This is a game of chance.
20. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, UNICAR AUSTRALIA reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or suspend or modify a prize.
21. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
22. UNICAR AUSTRALIA reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who enters the Competition not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by UNICAR AUSTRALIA to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
23. The Entrant agrees to indemnify UNICAR AUSTRALIA against:
a)any claims made by the Entrant, against UNICAR AUSTRALIA or its affiliates in connection with the Competition or the Entrant's participation in the Competition; and
b)any losses (including any liability) caused by any act or omission of the Entrant which is inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions.
24. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, UNICAR AUSTRALIA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
25. UNICAR AUSTRALIA’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. If for any reason the Winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by UNICAR AUSTRALIA then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
27. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, UNICAR AUSTRALIA, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
28. Total prize pool value is $17,990.
29. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
30. Entrants consent to UNICAR AUSTRALIA and its promotional affiliates including related entities, using the Entrant's Game entries, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by UNICAR AUSTRALIA.
31. If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of UNICAR AUSTRALIA, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, UNICAR AUSTRALIA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory implied guarantees/warranties as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, UNICAR AUSTRALIA (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
33. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, UNICAR AUSTRALIA (including its respective officers, employees and agents), and its affiliates are not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under UNICAR AUSTRALIA’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by UNICAR AUSTRALIA) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of UNICAR AUSTRALIA; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use/taking of a prize.
34. UNICAR AUSTRALIA collects personal information in order to conduct the Competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and service providers. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the Competition. By participating in the Competition, each Entrant consents to UNICAR AUSTRALIA using and disclosing their personal information to UNICAR AUSTRALIA's related entities, agencies and other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Competition, for use for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to UNICAR AUSTRALIA. Entrants provide this consent until such a time as they withdraw it by giving notice to UNICAR AUSTRALIA.
35. The laws of Queensland, Australia apply to this Competition to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia.